free hit counter code suck it trebek: here's what i learned from television last night:

suck it trebek

alex trebek is a horrible, horrible man. he's an apparent misogynist who thinks he knows everything. we don't think you do, alex. but we still love the Jeopardy! ...and other things too.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

here's what i learned from television last night:

gordon ramsey either (a)doesn't care which chef he's going to be associated with after hell's kitchen is over due to the insanse amount of money fox must be paying him, (b)is having mind-blowing sex with virginia, or (c)has been stealthily replaced by his not-so-evil twin. he really is letting some of those people get away with kitchen-murder. i have no idea what's going on with that train wreck of a show and i can't wait until next week's episode. yes, i'm a tv rubbernecker. i think i have to track down that sarah chick -- she must work and/or live in the neighborhood because of that autographed "thanks for the gas and beer and cigarettes" picture at the beer cave. she holds all the answers...

the solitary reunion was a waste of time. note to producers/host: i watched the season already. it just ended last week, so i don't need to be reminded of everything that happened along the way. out of the hour and a half long show, only about 15 minutes of it was worthwhile. number 7 (yes, you number 7) made a grand gesture by announcing that he was going to be giving some of his prize money to an autism-related charity in honor of number 2's daughter. that was very nice of him, i must admit. of course this was done after picking on cliff (not so nice) throughout most of the show, deserving of the only audience boos all evening. hmmm.

and the show du jour: the smoking room. you know me and my brits.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen,
I agree with your assessment of the show in that Fox Reality should have let us talk more about the experience rather than just summarizing the season with commentary. Danielle was nudging me throughout the show saying, "Steve, he's not letting us talk." In fact, they had Production Assistants who literally stood in front of us to stop us from talking to each other to make our sharing on camera "fresh."
Anyway, thanks for noting the Autism Speaks, like many viewers I was touched by Michelle's story.
Unfortunately, they cut out the first thing I did when addressed by Todd Newton which was apologize to Mark which he totally accepted. Plus, I was totally chummy with Cliff and even defended him againsts Solitary's one sided portrayal of him. Once again edited out.
I'm sure you know how distorted reality shows can be in terms of editing.
Jen, don't think I'm picking on you. I just read some forums and see how strangers bash me and Cliff and others. I just felt if I could at least explain it to you directly then maybe you wouldn't be so harsh in your opinion. Plus, if you ever saw me on the street, I wouldn't want you to clobber me for being a jerk.
Yes, those were real "boos" when I said the "big head" comment, but hey he was joking about not messing up his perfectly gelled hair. I felt comfortable enough to make a joke among "friends," but obviously sounded harsh.
I guess you haven't totally forgiven me since you still call me #7.
Well, thanks for at least reading my comments.
Take care,
#7

11:45 AM  
Blogger Andrea Grimes said...

Dear #7 and His Overwrought Self-Explaining,

Should you ever again choose to put yourself in a position to be mocked by all of reality-viewing America by agreeing to appear on a reality show, perhaps it would be prudent to remember that by agreeing to appear on a reality show, you put yourself in a position to be mocked by all of reality-viewing America.

-A

12:26 PM  
Blogger jen said...

number 7:
we are talking about a "reality" show, only accessible to people who have the fox reality channel. by signing up for a program as extreme as this, you had to have known that there would be both positive and negative responses to your performance. you were edited in a specific way and i am merely reacting to what i was shown.

the reason i disliked you is that, of all of the participants, you seemed the most unchanged (possitively or negatively) from the experience. winning or losing set aside, it was bothersome to see a devout christian and family man live and act in such a selfish, stubborn, and driven way. yes, it was a game and there was a prize to be won. however, while the other characters talked about challenging themselves and learning about themselves, you seemed to be the only one focused on WINNING and proving that you were better than everyone else => arrogantly competing against people who weren’t competing against you. but please realize that the "you" i’m talking about ia a character that was edited (created?) for my viewing pleasure.

steve may be a nice, caring and compassionate man, teacher and husband. i am merely reacting to character number 7, who could just be steve’s evil doppelganger.

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen,
That's the interesting about Solitary. It's you against yourself while competing against everyone else while competing against themselves. Trust me when I say that I would never say or act that obnoxiously if I was face to face with a competitor unless it was a good friend/rival who would know that I was joking. As far as wanting to win, the money and being on TV was the draw, but overtime I really did want to see far I could go and, in this case, (by God's grace) it helped me win. I never quit and rolled with the punches. My competitive spirit got the best of me and I was weak. I'm sorry to everyone that I seemed like a jerk.

Once again, thank you, Jen for reading my comments and responding honestly and with an open mind. It's sort of like therapy for me while out of the pod. You'd make a great VAL!

Steve

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home