free hit counter code suck it trebek: This week in...

suck it trebek

alex trebek is a horrible, horrible man. he's an apparent misogynist who thinks he knows everything. we don't think you do, alex. but we still love the Jeopardy! ...and other things too.

Friday, October 06, 2006

This week in...

the DO, I offer a "man-on-the-street" (yeah, sure, that's what it is) on The Black Angels.

Jen takes on the Monks. Stone cold. Well, more like sand, but whatever.

AG goes Behind Closed Doors (love that song, by the way) with a Hornbuckle juror.

And you should definitely read Kittenpants' preview on Rock Lottery 8 over on Unfair Park.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rj said...

I like the Black Angels album a lot, but I like psychedelic rock. I'm going to the show on Wednesday. I don't know anything about the band, and I didn't even know they were from Texas when I first heard them.

So maybe people here are making judgements on a local group that they wouldn't do for a national group?

All I know is that I don't really like the bands people say they are ripping off(VU, Jesus&MC). I hear some influence, but they are surely not carbon copies.

If they are a bunch of posers, I would be sad. If they are trying to be some uber hip rock star types, I might even leave the show. So I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that they come off as genuine as their album sounds to me at this moment.

If you really want to skewer a poser band, check out She Wants Revenge. The singer was doing Hip Hop like 3 years ago, and they are a total rip off of Interpol, who is a rip off of Joy Division. Oh and their album looks like the Cherry Pie cover. I'm calling shenanigans.

11:07 AM  
Blogger nerver said...

Shenanigans! I like your style, Ryan.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home