free hit counter code suck it trebek: Wha huh?

suck it trebek

alex trebek is a horrible, horrible man. he's an apparent misogynist who thinks he knows everything. we don't think you do, alex. but we still love the Jeopardy! ...and other things too.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Wha huh?

I open up the Yahoo! and see this teaser "Teenagers getting younger." Um, hey Yahoo!, that doesn't make any sense...you know, "teen" being the important part of the ages that determine teenager-hood.

The article goes on to explain that younger kids are acting older. Fine. Whatever. But the actual headline for the article of "'Tweens' are fast becoming the new teens" again makes no real sense but at least provides me with a slight explanation. Then again, I just got pissed off thinking of that whole "Grey is the New Black" cliché. Yankee Chick, you're rubbing off on me (figuratively, of course)...and you're freakin' funny. ("Freakin'" having been used as an adverb, not a verb, of course. Ha ha.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Sophie said...

I have only just begun to kvetch.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Eric Grubbs said...

I still stand behind my attitude that teenagers/college students should not be called kids.

10:51 PM  
Blogger nerver said...

why is that?

8:14 AM  
Blogger Sophie said...

Depends on how old you are, I guess. My definition of "kids" and "old" changes every year.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Eric Grubbs said...

My explanation found here:

http://themeparkexperience.blogspot.com/2006/04/kids.html

11:00 AM  
Blogger bayliss33 said...

It's that whole "thirties are the new twenties thing" being parlayed into severe idiomatic overdrive. Or something. Soon toddlers will be the new babies. And infants will be the new fetuses. I could go on all day.

See...screwing off on the computer is the new working.

XOXO

1:25 PM  
Blogger nerver said...

b33, you rule.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home