free hit counter code suck it trebek: When MySpace Rules

suck it trebek

alex trebek is a horrible, horrible man. he's an apparent misogynist who thinks he knows everything. we don't think you do, alex. but we still love the Jeopardy! ...and other things too.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

When MySpace Rules

So sometimes, I'm over the MySpace. I hate it and it sucks. Other times, I get a bulletin, like the one that follows from a member of Record Hop, and it reminds me that MySpace can be the most awesome tool ever...because, I, like Scott, would be freaking out too, so I can totally relate to what he's going through.

So, Ashley and I were at the Golden Triangle Mall on Saturday, afternoonish, and in the "hub" where all of the halls come together, there's a bunch of kiosks and shit. Well, so, there was this one kiosk with this nice girl who kept doing the hard-sell, you know, "Hey, can I talk to you a moment?"...

While Ashley was trying on clothes, I was out wandering around bored out of my fucking MIND and I saw this girl get rejected over and over, she was really trying, doing her thing, a pleasant smile, smartly dressed in that dark clothes working at the mall way...

"Can I talk to you for a second?"
"Can I show you something?"
"Can I talk to you? Won't take long!"

I'm fairly sure she saw me a couple of times, since i was walking in circles, and I think I chuckled at her a couple of times, just because, man, she was a go-getter, and I found the little old ladies that would scurry away to be amusing... I swore that she saw me see her and that there was a "Well, work sucks" sort of vibe exchange...

So, when I finally DRAG Ashley out of the store, and we're walking by this girl, I think it was some sort of Beauty Product booth, and she looks at us and gives it a shot, "Can I talk to you guys a moment?"

And, me, trying to be funny, thinking "surely this girl has seen me walking in circles and I am free from any obligation to engage her in a seller/buyer chatter"... Well, I look at her, never stop walking and I say, with what I thought was a smile...

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."
Long, drawn out, slight crescendo, just aghast and offended that she would speak to us... But you know, in a haha way...

And, see, I though it was funny, I thought she would, you know, get it, and suddenly She and Ashley are Shocked and Appalled and I'm the biggest Asshole in the world, and the nice mall girl makes this "You PRICK" face and turns quickly away with a look and engages a person, and Ashley leans away from me, jaw wide open, just in disbelief, and man, far be it from me to be a dick to someone just trying to do their job, and... Well... I know she'll never see this (Though she may see me again, I'm fairy goofy looking and therfore easy to remember, and she looked familiar anyway), but...

Dear Mall Girl:

I'm sorry. I thought you would laugh.

It's been bugging me for a week.

If you live in Denton, and you know someone who works at the mall, maybe repost?


While this totally made me laugh, I was touched by the sincerity and I'm not being schlocky.
I'm sure she knows, buddy. I'm sure she knows.

4 Comments:

Blogger Eric Grubbs said...

I applaud Scott for doing this. Those that choose to get into people's faces deserve the worst verbal lashings.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This, clearly, is a slow news day.

Man, I have gotten so much feedback over this goofy fucking bulletin.

All I know for sure, is that being the "person in the middle of the aisle trying to show you stuff" is quite a controversial person to be.

8:29 AM  
Blogger nerver said...

It's because lots of other people would want to do the same thing but wouldn't.

Be proud, Scott. You're now known to me as the Bearded Warrior of Sincerity.

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the people that consistantly really do the things that I think in my head.

Thanks. That is hilarious.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home