free hit counter code suck it trebek: Carter Albrecht, RIP

suck it trebek

alex trebek is a horrible, horrible man. he's an apparent misogynist who thinks he knows everything. we don't think you do, alex. but we still love the Jeopardy! ...and other things too.

Monday, September 03, 2007

Carter Albrecht, RIP


Forgive me for the lateness on this, I spent much of today heading back from vacation along a traffic-jammed I-35. I found out the horrible news of the shooting of local musician and all-around great guy Carter Albrecht while I was standing in line in a small-town Dairy Queen bathroom--appropriate, since it is absolutely sickening.

Carter was an amazingly nice fellow to me and others...and incredibly talented. A studio musician for many major label artists, he also made Sorta, the Sparrows, even the Reunion Tower Revue at the Dallas Observer Music Awards (pictured above), better bands. I can't imagine how many people (bandmates, friends, family and fans) his death touches, but "very many" seems such an understatement.

I won't even bother summarizing the incident as it has already been done whilst I was making my way back to Dallas. Go here and here. When I hear more, I'll post again.

We here at Alex send our deepest sympathies to Carter's friends and family.


UPDATE: There have been many, many posts concerning the incident, his fellow musicians' feelings and thoughts on the matter and more at Unfair Park, The Fine Line, Frontburner, Boca Tinta and others. It's a lot to keep up with and other folks are doing waaaay better than we.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thought you might like our Alex Trebeck song.

www.scummymonkies.com/listen

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this works better
http://www.geocities.com/scummymonkies/Listen.html

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home